This is an exciting time to be a gut health practitioner. I have been busy listening to Ted Talks and webinars, reading books and websites, and sharing and learning from my patients and colleagues. If I were a better blogger I would be sharing this information weekly. It’s one of my goals…
Here are just a sampling of what I have learned recently:
- Ted Talk: The Surprisingly Dramatic Role of Nutrition in Mental Health by Julia Rucklidge, Clinical Psychologist
- Ted Talk: Meet Your Microbes, by Jonathan Eisen
- When your diet is only a piece of the pie, blog post by Kate Scarlata, RDN, LDN
- Start with the Gut: The First Step Toward Reducing Nutrient Deficiencies by Dr. Ron Grabowski, DC, RD
- Webinar: Advanced FODMAPs: the Latest on this Novel Therapy for IBS by Kate Scarlata, RDN, LDN (sorry this one is not yet posted in the Nutrition Entrepreneurs webinar library)
- Cuffitis is a condition which can cause recurrent bleeding at the anastomosis site in ulcerative colitis patients after a total colectomy.
- The American Gut Project. You give them a stool sample, and they will map out your microbiome, showing you how your gut looks compared to the thousands of others who have already contributed their sample. I’m going to do it. Are you?